I finally settled on a simple knob, but never took the time to actually purchase them. Then on a trip to Ikea I saw Tyda handles on sale at half price and took it as a sign that they need to come home with me. For the upper cabinet I trusted Anthropologie, again. I brought home some sample knobs to try out for our "built-ins" and from there I selected the knob below.
Well, how does one install knobs and pulls (handles). It seem simple and straightforward enough but I was feeling pretty anxious of not making mistakes. Then came hubby to the rescue. He asked me where and how I wanted to position the handles and he was set to go. I managed to snap a couple of photos while he worked. He used scotch tape to both protect the cabinet surface and to mark the position of the holes. In terms of position of handles, I've decided to make the top on in the center of the cabinet door as it was straight and for the other two fronts I've placed them on the top.
In terms of drilling holes, hubby went from good side (outside) in. You can see from the image above how the "bad" side turned out.
Here is the upper cabinet knob installed. I love it. It gives just enough sparkle and bling to the area. And here is how the handles look installed.
Here is the complete look - ignore the leftover mess on the counter.
One task down, a few hundred left on the list...